11.13.2010

Whelmed

It's that time of year. The mid-semester madness is dying down and everything is moving at a steady pace. However, the Holidays are just around the corner.

First, I can't wait for Thanksgiving in Vegas.
Change of climate, change of scenery...
and I miss my long-lost sister and nephew so much!
And there's nothing like a homecooked meal? :)

I can't believe that it is almost December already.
I'm trying to crank out a Christmas list for the family.
I already know it will have lots of kitchen-oriented items on it since I'm living in an apartment next semester.
Other than that though, who knows.
Surprises are always good.

Jumping ahead to next semester...
I just can't wait, simple as that.
Besides my immersive project class with Circle of Blue,
I applied for a spring internship with the Muncie Star Press.
(I hope I get it!)
It's paid so it would be good weekly income for just a few days of work.
And I could knock out my internship credit and not worry about the paperwork with future internships.

Thanks to my sister's recent discovery of a cheaper travel alternative - Spirit Airlines - I'm starting to consider maybe spending my spring break in Vegas. It would be a nice weather change after an Indiana winter.


Lastly, I just found out about an AMAZING opportunity coming my way in Summer 2012.
One of the graphics professors is going to be in charge of a summer program in London...
during the 2012 Summer Olympics!
And he is going to be looking for some of the best students to go!
So I will definitely be working my butt off this next year and half to secure a spot.
The best part -
(which isn't set in stone yet) -
is that he is hoping to partner with a news organization in London to let us make interactive graphics for them during the games!

[insert about a gazillion exclamation points here]

I am beyond excited for the next couple years :D

No comments:

Post a Comment