12.30.2011

When insomnia wins

7:28 a.m.

After 4 straight hours of (unsuccessfully) falling asleep,
I decided it was a lost cause.

So instead, I brewed a pot of coffee.
Even though every time I use the coffee maker in our apartment,
it sounds like it's going to sputter out and die.
I swear I'm doing everything right!

Nonetheless, this little cup of joe
is going to be the key to getting through the day without sleep.


So now it's on to filling the rest of the morning
before a friend's visit and work
to keep me awake and not thinking about sleep.

But, I'm not at a loss of things to do:


Clean out the fridge and pantry.
(Eggs and bread were both off-color.)

Finally unpack from being home.

Clean the bathroom, kitchen and my bedroom.
(And maybe the living room, while I'm at it.)

Workout.

Go grocery shopping.
(Yep, that's not done yet either)


So once this next episode of HIMYM is over...
it's go time.

No comments:

Post a Comment