1.02.2012

The 2012 Project

While resolutions are rarely accomplished, I'm making them anyway.
Pessimism is no way to start out a new year.

First is the inevitable health resolution. I am terrible about drinking milk, but it's so good for you. Same with water. I almost always feel dehydrated. I'm going to try to drink one full glass of milk and four glasses of water a day. I'm also going to be more mindful of grocery sales so that I can afford fresh produce. In addition, I'm going to try harder to take a multivitamin everyday, something I kind of failed at these last 6 months. Finally, the dreaded exercise clause. I'm just going to try and keep switching it up so I don't get bored. So far this break, Just Dance for Wii has been a favorite! (And boy do your arms get a workout.)

Second is a resolution about life in general. I am making a decision, here and now, to not let failure knock me down for good. No more wallowing in self pity, but taking these disappointments as fuel to the fire. I am going to dream bigger and live with more vulnerability, because I'm not going to get my sweet slice of life standing behind the yellow line. And I'm learning when to say 'no,' something I will carry into this new year.

Third, I truly want to be a better blogger, because who knows where the next couple of years will take me. This is a great way to keep my family in touch with my life, so the better I get about it now, the easier it will be to keep it up when it will matter even more. Plus, I'm going to use it to further my design skills. I'm going to work on designing my own template, honing both my design and web skills, and I'm going to try to integrate my practices in within my posts, like this lovely lady over at Design Love Fest.

Fourth, I just really want to learn the guitar already! 

Fifth, I want to volunteer more. My hope is to find something I can do once a week, but time will tell how much time I can budget. I've just been thinking back on everything I used to do, and I really miss reaching out and helping people, feeling more connected to the world around me.

Finally, I want to rediscover myself. Define myself for me, not anybody else. I have changed so much over the past few years, more than I ever thought possible. I need to figure out who I am and stay true to it.

I certainly have my project cut out for me, but I going at it with all positivity. 
Good luck to you in all that you want to accomplish this year as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment