1.08.2013

One taste and I'm a believer

Something I had been seeing on blogs and Pinterest boards everywhere lately are those Green Monster spinach shakes. At first, I just thought, gross. Until I read the testimonies that they doesn't taste like spinach.

Not that I don't like spinach, but it just doesn't sound appetizing in a blended shake fashion.

BUT, I made my first one today. And I can honestly say that I could drink these every day.


I used a recipe from Iowa Girl Eats:

1 frozen banana, sliced
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
4 cups baby spinach (more or less; I just put enough in to fill the rest of the blender)

Another perk? I drank this at 9:30 a.m. It is currently 1:45 p.m. and I am just now starting to feel hungry.

Try it. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment