7.30.2010

Looking to the past as inspiration for the future.

So when the day comes that I realize I do not have the money to furnish my future home with all the sleek, modern fixtures I love, I will remember that antiques have their own chicness and charm.

Basically, a friend and I killed some time today by perusing an antique market, and needless to say, I wanted to break out the VISA. However, I controlled myself. I wouldn't have anywhere to store then things I wanted to buy anyways!

However, I will definitely be visiting the flea market when I move out and get my own place. I even already have a shopping list in mind...












So, this picture from Google does no justice to the coffee table I saw today. The one I adored was less of a cream color, and was square with four glass panels.




















I love the old style of dressers. I really like the shape of this one, but would probably stain it a different color.
















I couldn't find any pictures close the mosaic side tables I saw today, but I love the idea in general. It's just such a different style and each piece is so unique.














My parents have a cedar chest in the house that they store family keepsakes and such in. I, however, have always like old fashioned trunks that could go at the foot of my bed or something.




















This piece is actually a lot cooler than any art I saw today. But the brassy and woody materials give it the antique feel. When it comes to art, I like what I like, and if I don't like it, I move on.

I think that with some elbow grease and some modern touch-ups, any antique piece can make a good addition to a home!

No comments:

Post a Comment