2.26.2010

5 for Fridays: Pet Peeves

Alright, so my own sister has started her own trendy topic, and I figured out of support I should jump on the bandwagon. (Not to mention it's nice not to have to come up with my own topics day after day.) So, without further adieu, allow me to introduce 5 for Friday...

This weeks topic: pet peeves.

1. Dumb drivers. I can't complain too much about little slip-ups, because let's face it, we all have those days. However, I can't stand it when people drive slow in the fast lane. That just is not what it's for. I also hate sitting in a traffic jam just to find out there was no reason for it at all, just that people don't know how to merge or drive in construction areas. Then there's those people that ride your ass, then change lanes, then find out everyone is going slow and backs off only after trying every option. Whether it be turn signals on for miles on the interstate with out changing lanes, or no signal then slamming on the brakes to turn, some people are just stupid and piss the rest of us off.

2. The clingy and the needy. There are just those people that put off this air of independence, but in reality they are like a lost little child. They beg you to go everywhere with them as if they just cannot fare by themselves. And they like to "borrow" everything from you and not offer anything in return. They also think the world revolves around them, as if no one else has drama and stress they are dealing with. All in all, they bring high school into the real world.

3. Cold weather. I hate it. Simple as that. I do not belong in this climate. The cold temperatures and the bitter wind mixed with endless snow just depresses me. I like to be comfy in jeans, a hoodie, and flip flops. And to see the sun. Winter in Indiana is an abundance of cloud cover that I feel like I don't see the sun for days. No wonder I'm freezing my ass off walking to class.

4. Stupid drama. Some people get upset for the most ridiculous reasons. I did not come to college to find people acting like we are right back in high school. Nobody cares that this guy was a jerk, or that girl said something behind your back. The world is full of jerks and bitches. You just have to learn to hear what you like and let the rest roll off and forget about it.

5. Peer pressure. What I do is my decision. It's not based on laws, or rules, or fear of getting in trouble, it is personal choice. Simple as that. I don't care what everyone else does, but I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, party in general, whatever. I fill my schedule to the brim because I like being busy. You may think I'm crazy, but I'm living my life how I choose, and how I think it will benefit me best in the future.

Want to be in the 5 for Friday action? Visit my sister's blog at jaggedlittlelife.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment