2.25.2010

Thirsty for spring

February may be the shortest month of the year, but I feel like it has been the longest of all. It feels as though every single class is throwing out projects and papers and tests at the same time. A mere 5 hours of sleep a night is now a luxury, and right now my life isn't so lavish.

And besides my classwork, there's my Daily News responsibilities. I do page design 3 nights a week, with a meeting once a week. I'm also working on a stand-alone graphic for after Spring Break after just finishing an Olympic graphic. I put up with the hours and stress, though, because (1) I am a huge dork when it comes to my major and I love every aspect of design, and (2) I know that the work I do over the next few years will build a large and diverse portfolio to aid my job search after graduation.

Then there's this little disease called procrastination, and I'm beginning to think it's incurable. I find every small, irrelevant thing to do instead of my homework. (If you can't tell, I'm doing it now.) I wish I could overcome it, though, because I always end up hating myself later.

Finally, I am sick and tired of this Indiana winter. I don't think a day has gone by in the last couple weeks where the sky can resist spitting out some variety of snow flurries or sleet or rain. It's depressing. Whenever the sun does come out, it's a miracle. I always feel like I haven't seen its rays for days at a time. I just want my 50/60/70 degree weather of Indiana in the spring time, before the humidity sets in.

In all, I'm just ready for Spring Break. It will be a sweet breath of fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment