7.14.2011

In honor of the last 12 years of my life...

And I say 12, because Christmas 1999 was when I received a very heavy package with the first three Harry Potter books. Hardback additions. That Amazon box sparked my childhood more than anything else.

[Or as my family would tell you, with a laugh, a box from amazin', because that's how my 8-year-old self pronounced it at the family gathering.]

But you know what, it was amazing.

I don't call myself a superfan by any means. 
Some people really just get way to into it.
But saying that Harry Potter was not a big part of my life would be a lie, too.

Ask anyone my age,
we grew up with those characters.

And J.K. Rowling taught us to be as imaginative as ever.
But everyone is saying it is 'the end.'
You know what, though? It will never be the end.

I will read those books over and over again.
And watch the movies like it is the first time.

...and force it on my future children. ;)

But for now, I will leave you with the Daily Prophet pages I designed for our school paper today.
You can see the featured on Charles Apple's blog here (near the bottom).
Or you can download a PDF of the whole issue here.

Enjoy!

[P.S. I may or may not be just as excited for the new Winnie the Pooh movie. Hey, it was another big part of my childhood! ;)]

No comments:

Post a Comment